Sunday, April 7, 2013

Ready, set, go...

A friend of mine asked me to complete a local sprint triathlon with her over three months ago in Smithfield, VA; I accepted the challenge and began the rough training to get ready for this event.  Although, I've experienced running races before; a triathlon is completely different - focusing on three separate events to be completed together one after another.  After getting there by 8:30 in the morning, our wave didn't even start until noon giving us the opportunity to watch the more experienced and much more competitive participants start and finish their events in less then 45 minutes!  My friend and I finished our race within a minute of each other at around one hour and 33 minutes.  I got home and couldn't wait to sign up for the next one and my final thought of the day was to get a new bike because I got smoked in the cycling!

   

No comments: