Friday, May 22, 2009

The Bathroom Redo...

This past weekend my hubby and I tackled the boys/guest bathroom... the walls were entirely covered with this.... the original paper when the house was built over 15 years ago... and strangely enough I think this is the same paper that is in my parents bathroom... I was having deja vu while stripping it down... hhhmmmm....
The cabinetry was white so it got a coat of dark, dark brown and the top half of the walls were texturized and painted white (which was an odd color for me to paint... I NEVER use white unless I'm painting baseboards) and the bottom of the walls were covered in beadboard and a coat of a lovely grayish blue... which i LOVE!


I will soon be getting a few beach themed pictures up from Etsy and a starfish or two for a chic beach feel without all the cheesy seashell decor...
I am now rethinking the white shower curtain, the white walls, the white rug, and white in general... especially after finding mud splattered all over the walls and mirror because the Lego men had to take a bath after being outside....

7 comments:

Kurt and Kristy said...

Ooooo! I really like it! Good job!

Soggy in Seattle said...

How fancy! You guys are really making your home your own & I love it! You have a good eye.

Katie said...

love it!! it looks sooo good!

dani and fam said...

you are so talented. i love it!

Mel said...

SO much better than the wallpaper! Nice job.

MUTHABOMB said...

ok so when you come for one of your weekly visits this summer, we can paint my hideous orange bathroom as one of our projects :)

btw Our kids/guest bath has a white shower curtain that is so pretty and I found something pink/purple on it, I would say nail polish but I dont have any that color and Jr better not have been in nail polish, I think it is actually Jelly!!! why do kids ruin everything....lol....

Melissa said...

Bethany~it looks soooo much better~you did a great job! That wallpaper was something~wowsers! Good luck with painting your office~you're on a roll, girl!